Viber virus – in-depth inspection
Viber is a quite famous messaging application that works on Android, iOS, Windows and Mac OS having 800 millions users globally. The app is coded to provide real time communication facility to its users such as Video calls, Audio calls, text message and international calls to other number at lower price. The original Viber is developed by Japanese company – Rakuten Inc, has spread globally. Recently Windows Defender, ClamAV, Cyren, ESET-NOD32, SUPERAntiSpyware and Sophos ML have detected it as a potentially unwanted program/virus. This is not the first time, this application was was flagged as a virus before. To find out some genuine information, we looked at “virustotal” research report which was published in December 2016.
Viber virus is also named as Win.Adware.Searchsuite-3, virus.win32.sality.at, Win32/Toolbar.SearchSuite.W, W32/S-170e16a0!Eldorado and PUP.Koyote/Variant by AV vendors. Since it has been labelled as malware on Android devices and Windows computers, you should avoid using it till its reliable version is released. You should remember that such potentially unwanted programs may collect your credentials and share it with interested third parties. If you wish to keep your privacy safe then you must delete Viber virus from your device for now. We think, AV vendors have found bad script in Viber's coding which needs to rectified soon enough. At the time of writing, research on Viber virus was undergoing. So that, more specific informations are yet to come. For now, it is essential to remove the potentially unwanted program to keep your privacy safe. Millions of users have reported it suspicious activities on security forums.
Viber virus – How to Safeguard Computer?
To prevent Viber virus attacks, you need to keep your device Firewall turned on, also you need to keep your Windows Defender database up-to-date. Moreover, it would best if you add a reliable Anti-spyware software installed and up-to-date along with current operating system and installed drivers. If you do so, your computer will create a virtual layer of security onto your computer. As a result, none of the malware associated with Viber virus will be able to invade your computer. Finally, you should remove Viber virus from your computer if you notice its suspicious activities:
There are numerous removal instructions through which you can easily secure your most popular web browsers that includes Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and so forth. If you want to secure your web browsing experiences then you should follow these removal steps which helps to remove Viber virus threat quickly as constantly as possible.
Remove Viber virus from Google Chrome
- First of all, you need to start Google Chrome Browser
- After this, go to menu option which is present at the top right side of the browser.
- Select the tools option and choose extensions items from drop down lists. It shows bogus add-ons items caused by Viber virus
- From these drop-down lists, you should select unwanted add-ons or harmful bug related to Viber virus
- Now, you will notice a type of configuration settings Windows which displays different options.
- Scroll down the browser pages and click on Advance setting which is appear in underline highlighted link.
- In advance settings options, move your mouse pointer on ‘reset browser settings’ button to remove Viber virus
- After this, you will find a small confirmation dialog Window which shows detailed information about reset process.
- If you want to complete reset process, Click on reset button otherwise click on cancel tab.
- Lastly, select OK button in order to block Viber virus and restart your browser to make complete changes.
Get Rid of Viber virus threat from Mozilla Firefox on Windows 7
- Firstly, you need to launch Firefox browser or simply type “Firefox” in run dialog box.
- Now, click on menu tab appeared in horizontal lines and select open help menu icon.
- If you want to fix browser related problems associated with Viber virus infection then you need to move the mouse cursor on troubleshooting information button.
- Select Refresh Firefox button from troubleshooting information dialog box.
- Make sure that all unknown add-ons are disabled closely related to Viber virus
- Click on reset Firefox button in order to Disable Viber virus or other harmful bugs.
Delete Viber virus infection from Internet Explorer on Win 7
- Firstly, connect the Internet Explorer browser.
- If IE browser icon is not available on desktop screen then you must click on Windows logo and open Run dialog box by pressing Window+ R using keyboard. Type “inetcpl.cpl” in run command box and press enter button.
- Then, navigate your mouse cursor on tools option which is located on right corner of browser.
- From tools options, select ‘Internet Options’ tab and go to Advanced settings button and follow these steps to block Viber virus.
- To remove malevolent extensions or some fake programs caused by Viber virus infection then click on reset button.
- Lastly, choose ok button in order to eraseViber virus threat and restart the browser in secure mode.
Features of Viber virus Scanner Tool
Viber virus Scanner is the most powerful and advanced in detecting, blocking as well as removing spyware, malware, Trojans including Viber virus effectively. Lets take a look on some of its remarkable features
Viber virus Protection: it can easily detect and eliminate Viber virus as well as any other malware. It helps in shielding your PC against all such odd threats thus giving optimum protection. No matter how stubborn might be the Viber virus, automatic Removal tool is just one step ahead to ensure complete protection!
Compact OS: it ensures elimination of even the most stubborn Viber virus Rootkits and malware that were hard to detect and evaded detection with other ordinary antivirus.
System Guard: this is one of the innovative feature that prevents any inclusion of Viber virus entries on registry which is the core of Windows OS. It thus automatically blocks any malware including Viber virus to gain access on to the system. Now you can solely rely upon automatic tool while running any of the processes on the system as a whole.
Exclusions: Inclusion of this very feature ensures that you can freely exempt certain program selectively from going through scanning process. Viber virus Removal Tool gives users an option to skip certain items from being scanned to save time and resources. Now customize the scanning process when there is paucity of time. Thus it would only require fraction of time as in the case of complete scan.
Scan Scheduler: Eminent feature that helps in pre setting of the scheduled time for scanning the system even if you are not there personally. Now you can set a defined time which might be day, weeks or months on which it will undergo the scanning process for detection of Viber virus. However, the system must be turned on during the scheduled time frame else the scan would not be initiated.
Step:1 Download and Install Viber virus Scanner Tool on Windows 7 and Click on scanner
Step 2 Once the scanning is over, list of threats including Viber virus will be spotted.
Step 3 Spyware HelpDesk : Make use of this feature to get any assistance related to Viber virus Removal
Step 4 System Guard: it prevents Viber virus infected processes from being executed.
Step 5 Network Sentry: it controls Viber virus from modifying DNS settings of the Internet.
Step 6 Scan Scheduler : Now preset the time viz days, week and Month and the system will undergo the scan to shield against Viber virus in near future.
Viber virus Detection And Its Elimination: For Complete Protection
After complete and comprehensive scanning of the system, thorough detection of Viber virus by antivirus is most essential. The program should be capable to detect any kind of threats whether its malware, spyware or any other recently introduced Viber virus. Some of the threats are so nasty and can be hard to be detected. This is where custom and advanced scan is imperative. Custom scan can prove to be handy keeping limited time frame in consideration and can be opted for occasional scanning of the system. Where as Advanced scan keeps a tab on complete system as a whole including Memory, Registry files, Entries, Cookies etc.
How to Protect your PC from Viber virus or Similar Threat in Near Future
Viber virus Prevention: Activation of Smart Browsing Feature on Win 7
Internet Explorer: How to Activate SmartScreen Filter
Recent version of IE viz IE 8 and 9 comes with SmartScreen Filter. It ensures protection against phishing attack against Viber virus. Just follow the step which are illustrated below
- Open IE
- For IE 9, Tools is to be selected on Menu option. IF you are using IE 8 Kindly look for Safety Menu
- After selecting SmartScreen Filter From the drop down list, you need to click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
- Now IE need to be restarted.
How to Enable Phishing & Viber virus Protection on Google Chrome
Since Chrome has Phishing and malware Detection feature that can be handy for preventing Viber virus while browsing Internet. It will warn whenever you are about to visit suspicious websites which might be Viber virus infected.
It is essential to enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Launch Google Chrome
- AT the top right corner of the browser click on the Customize and Control Google Chrome having 3 bar icons
- Select settings option in the drop down list
- Click on Show advanced setting option
- In the Privacy Section, Kindly Click and mark on enable phishing and malware Protection
- Now reload the Google Chrome Browser.
How to Block Attack Sites And Web Forgeries on Mozilla Firefox to Avoid Viber virus
It is quite useful feature which can be availed by users of Mozilla Firefox version 3 and later. The suspicious web page which is about to be visited and might drop Viber virus on to the browser can be blocked automatically. Just follow these steps carefully
- Select Mozilla Firefox as Browser
- Using the Top Menu, Open Menu option is to be selected in the list
- Security option is to be selected and following need to be check marked
- Warn me when Viber virus try to install add-ons
- Block attack sites
- Block Web forgeries
- Reload the browser after carrying out the above steps
Viber virus, Viber virus Removal Guide, Uninstall Viber virus, Block Viber virus, Delete Viber virus, Get Rid of Viber virus, Eliminate Viber virus, Erase Viber virus