Hotspot Shield Toolbar – Initial Analysis Report
Hotspot Shield Toolbar is a VPN service provider that invades your computer as a toolbar and takes control over installed Internet clients – Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer and others. Since, it is coded to make significant changes into your browsers settings, you will notice dozens of unusual activities while surfing Internet. Your browsers may being redirected to unsafe domains where you will be forced or suggested to install potentially unwanted programs or fake security software. When you do so, you just allow cyberpunks to monitor your online session and steal your credentials unknowingly.
Generally speaking, Hotspot Shield Toolbar seems like a legitimate software at first glance. Its official page is located at hotspotshield.com. While analyzing its official site we got to know that the toolbar is compatible with Windows OS, mac OS, Android, iOS, Chrome and other browsers. We are not saying that using it will bring a whole lot of trouble. Of course, it is not identical to virus or malware. The only problem is, it injects a whole lot of advertising materials on the each pages that you visit. It also alters your browsers settings without your consent. Security experts mark it as suspicious activities. Evidently, the Hotspot Shield Toolbar also transmits collected information to various remote locations. As a result, you might receive so many spam calls and emails from con artists trying to extort money from you. The real threat associated with this PUP is – misuse of your credentials for generating affiliate commission or completing survey.
Way to block installation of Hotspot Shield Toolbar
If you find Hotspot Shield Toolbar useless then you can remove it using the manual and automatic removal guide provided at end of this paragraph. But first you should know about its infiltration methods so that in future you could prevent block it. The most widely used tactics to distribute such toolbars is “Bundling.” Using the software bundling technique freeware developers bundle up potentially unwanted toolbars and use Dark pattern to hide it inside Custom or Advanced installation option. If you use regular installation option you won't be able to block additional programs installation. Therefore, you must choose Custom option and refuse to install suspicious apps. Only this way you can block PUP attack. Next, you should follow Hotspot Shield Toolbar removal instruction:
There are numerous removal instructions through which you can easily secure your most popular web browsers that includes Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and so forth. If you want to secure your web browsing experiences then you should follow these removal steps which helps to remove Hotspot Shield Toolbar threat quickly as constantly as possible.
Remove Hotspot Shield Toolbar from Google Chrome
- First of all, you need to start Google Chrome Browser
- After this, go to menu option which is present at the top right side of the browser.
- Select the tools option and choose extensions items from drop down lists. It shows bogus add-ons items caused by Hotspot Shield Toolbar
- From these drop-down lists, you should select unwanted add-ons or harmful bug related to Hotspot Shield Toolbar
- Now, you will notice a type of configuration settings Windows which displays different options.
- Scroll down the browser pages and click on Advance setting which is appear in underline highlighted link.
- In advance settings options, move your mouse pointer on ‘reset browser settings’ button to remove Hotspot Shield Toolbar
- After this, you will find a small confirmation dialog Window which shows detailed information about reset process.
- If you want to complete reset process, Click on reset button otherwise click on cancel tab.
- Lastly, select OK button in order to block Hotspot Shield Toolbar and restart your browser to make complete changes.
Get Rid of Hotspot Shield Toolbar threat from Mozilla Firefox on Windows 7
- Firstly, you need to launch Firefox browser or simply type “Firefox” in run dialog box.
- Now, click on menu tab appeared in horizontal lines and select open help menu icon.
- If you want to fix browser related problems associated with Hotspot Shield Toolbar infection then you need to move the mouse cursor on troubleshooting information button.
- Select Refresh Firefox button from troubleshooting information dialog box.
- Make sure that all unknown add-ons are disabled closely related to Hotspot Shield Toolbar
- Click on reset Firefox button in order to Disable Hotspot Shield Toolbar or other harmful bugs.
Delete Hotspot Shield Toolbar infection from Internet Explorer on Win 7
- Firstly, connect the Internet Explorer browser.
- If IE browser icon is not available on desktop screen then you must click on Windows logo and open Run dialog box by pressing Window+ R using keyboard. Type “inetcpl.cpl” in run command box and press enter button.
- Then, navigate your mouse cursor on tools option which is located on right corner of browser.
- From tools options, select ‘Internet Options’ tab and go to Advanced settings button and follow these steps to block Hotspot Shield Toolbar.
- To remove malevolent extensions or some fake programs caused by Hotspot Shield Toolbar infection then click on reset button.
- Lastly, choose ok button in order to eraseHotspot Shield Toolbar threat and restart the browser in secure mode.
Features of Hotspot Shield Toolbar Scanner Tool
Hotspot Shield Toolbar Scanner is the most powerful and advanced in detecting, blocking as well as removing spyware, malware, Trojans including Hotspot Shield Toolbar effectively. Lets take a look on some of its remarkable features
Hotspot Shield Toolbar Protection: it can easily detect and eliminate Hotspot Shield Toolbar as well as any other malware. It helps in shielding your PC against all such odd threats thus giving optimum protection. No matter how stubborn might be the Hotspot Shield Toolbar, automatic Removal tool is just one step ahead to ensure complete protection!
Compact OS: it ensures elimination of even the most stubborn Hotspot Shield Toolbar Rootkits and malware that were hard to detect and evaded detection with other ordinary antivirus.
System Guard: this is one of the innovative feature that prevents any inclusion of Hotspot Shield Toolbar entries on registry which is the core of Windows OS. It thus automatically blocks any malware including Hotspot Shield Toolbar to gain access on to the system. Now you can solely rely upon automatic tool while running any of the processes on the system as a whole.
Exclusions: Inclusion of this very feature ensures that you can freely exempt certain program selectively from going through scanning process. Hotspot Shield Toolbar Removal Tool gives users an option to skip certain items from being scanned to save time and resources. Now customize the scanning process when there is paucity of time. Thus it would only require fraction of time as in the case of complete scan.
Scan Scheduler: Eminent feature that helps in pre setting of the scheduled time for scanning the system even if you are not there personally. Now you can set a defined time which might be day, weeks or months on which it will undergo the scanning process for detection of Hotspot Shield Toolbar. However, the system must be turned on during the scheduled time frame else the scan would not be initiated.
Step:1 Download and Install Hotspot Shield Toolbar Scanner Tool on Windows 7 and Click on scanner
Step 2 Once the scanning is over, list of threats including Hotspot Shield Toolbar will be spotted.
Step 3 Spyware HelpDesk : Make use of this feature to get any assistance related to Hotspot Shield Toolbar Removal
Step 4 System Guard: it prevents Hotspot Shield Toolbar infected processes from being executed.
Step 5 Network Sentry: it controls Hotspot Shield Toolbar from modifying DNS settings of the Internet.
Step 6 Scan Scheduler : Now preset the time viz days, week and Month and the system will undergo the scan to shield against Hotspot Shield Toolbar in near future.
Hotspot Shield Toolbar Detection And Its Elimination: For Complete Protection
After complete and comprehensive scanning of the system, thorough detection of Hotspot Shield Toolbar by antivirus is most essential. The program should be capable to detect any kind of threats whether its malware, spyware or any other recently introduced Hotspot Shield Toolbar. Some of the threats are so nasty and can be hard to be detected. This is where custom and advanced scan is imperative. Custom scan can prove to be handy keeping limited time frame in consideration and can be opted for occasional scanning of the system. Where as Advanced scan keeps a tab on complete system as a whole including Memory, Registry files, Entries, Cookies etc.
How to Protect your PC from Hotspot Shield Toolbar or Similar Threat in Near Future
Hotspot Shield Toolbar Prevention: Activation of Smart Browsing Feature on Win 7
Internet Explorer: How to Activate SmartScreen Filter
Recent version of IE viz IE 8 and 9 comes with SmartScreen Filter. It ensures protection against phishing attack against Hotspot Shield Toolbar. Just follow the step which are illustrated below
- Open IE
- For IE 9, Tools is to be selected on Menu option. IF you are using IE 8 Kindly look for Safety Menu
- After selecting SmartScreen Filter From the drop down list, you need to click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
- Now IE need to be restarted.
How to Enable Phishing & Hotspot Shield Toolbar Protection on Google Chrome
Since Chrome has Phishing and malware Detection feature that can be handy for preventing Hotspot Shield Toolbar while browsing Internet. It will warn whenever you are about to visit suspicious websites which might be Hotspot Shield Toolbar infected.
It is essential to enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Launch Google Chrome
- AT the top right corner of the browser click on the Customize and Control Google Chrome having 3 bar icons
- Select settings option in the drop down list
- Click on Show advanced setting option
- In the Privacy Section, Kindly Click and mark on enable phishing and malware Protection
- Now reload the Google Chrome Browser.
How to Block Attack Sites And Web Forgeries on Mozilla Firefox to Avoid Hotspot Shield Toolbar
It is quite useful feature which can be availed by users of Mozilla Firefox version 3 and later. The suspicious web page which is about to be visited and might drop Hotspot Shield Toolbar on to the browser can be blocked automatically. Just follow these steps carefully
- Select Mozilla Firefox as Browser
- Using the Top Menu, Open Menu option is to be selected in the list
- Security option is to be selected and following need to be check marked
- Warn me when Hotspot Shield Toolbar try to install add-ons
- Block attack sites
- Block Web forgeries
- Reload the browser after carrying out the above steps
Hotspot Shield Toolbar, Hotspot Shield Toolbar Removal Guide, Uninstall Hotspot Shield Toolbar, Block Hotspot Shield Toolbar, Delete Hotspot Shield Toolbar, Get Rid of Hotspot Shield Toolbar, Eliminate Hotspot Shield Toolbar, Erase Hotspot Shield Toolbar