Directions Mapper : Is it safe to use on your system? Let's find out
Directions Mapper looks like a useful application for Internet surfing but the reality behind it is completely different. It is nothing to do with helping your system. According to security researchers it is found as a Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) in a form of browser extension which is not a virus but it is also not a safe one. It is a normal PUP which install on your system using mischief techniques to harm your system as well as your personal privacy. It accomplish many of unwanted tasks after infection without your taking your approval.
Directions Mapper assails your web browsers like Opera, Google Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox to make changes their default settings and replace their home page or search engine pages with some hijacked or infected domains that can drop more malware into your system to damage more deeply. It redirects users on some malicious domains that can harm the device. It store your personal or online presence, browsing activities, system activities to endanger your privacy to make a victim of online frauds or scams to cheat you to make money through illegal ways. So you should opt to remove it from your PC right now.
How Directions Mapper comes inside of your computer?
Directions Mapper installed on your system as an independent add-on but sometimes it hide itself using some unusual names to hide its presence on the system. As it is a PUP or Adware program, so it also follows the similar distribution methods like that through freely distributed bundled packages of freeware or shareware, spam email with carried infected attachments, fake updates, download of pirated contents, visit of infected web domains and similar bad things. That's why you should always use "Advanced or Custom" screens for new installations to safe your self from additional program.
How could Directions Mapper harm your computer?
Whatever be the way you installed this unwanted Directions Mapper on your system but if it is not removed soon then it can make too many harms that is completely unbearable for your system and may take into some critical conditions. It hijacks all your browsers and inject too much advertisements or pop-ups into it that whenever you open your browser to surf Internet then it appears on whole screen and ruins all your surfing session, it can conceal your sensitive details, and many of severe activities. So use a credible anti-malware on the system to remove Directions Mapper it soon.
There are numerous removal instructions through which you can easily secure your most popular web browsers that includes Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and so forth. If you want to secure your web browsing experiences then you should follow these removal steps which helps to remove Directions Mapper threat quickly as constantly as possible.
Remove Directions Mapper from Google Chrome
- First of all, you need to start Google Chrome Browser
- After this, go to menu option which is present at the top right side of the browser.
- Select the tools option and choose extensions items from drop down lists. It shows bogus add-ons items caused by Directions Mapper
- From these drop-down lists, you should select unwanted add-ons or harmful bug related to Directions Mapper
- Now, you will notice a type of configuration settings Windows which displays different options.
- Scroll down the browser pages and click on Advance setting which is appear in underline highlighted link.
- In advance settings options, move your mouse pointer on ‘reset browser settings’ button to remove Directions Mapper
- After this, you will find a small confirmation dialog Window which shows detailed information about reset process.
- If you want to complete reset process, Click on reset button otherwise click on cancel tab.
- Lastly, select OK button in order to block Directions Mapper and restart your browser to make complete changes.
Get Rid of Directions Mapper threat from Mozilla Firefox on Windows 7
- Firstly, you need to launch Firefox browser or simply type “Firefox” in run dialog box.
- Now, click on menu tab appeared in horizontal lines and select open help menu icon.
- If you want to fix browser related problems associated with Directions Mapper infection then you need to move the mouse cursor on troubleshooting information button.
- Select Refresh Firefox button from troubleshooting information dialog box.
- Make sure that all unknown add-ons are disabled closely related to Directions Mapper
- Click on reset Firefox button in order to Disable Directions Mapper or other harmful bugs.
Delete Directions Mapper infection from Internet Explorer on Win 7
- Firstly, connect the Internet Explorer browser.
- If IE browser icon is not available on desktop screen then you must click on Windows logo and open Run dialog box by pressing Window+ R using keyboard. Type “inetcpl.cpl” in run command box and press enter button.
- Then, navigate your mouse cursor on tools option which is located on right corner of browser.
- From tools options, select ‘Internet Options’ tab and go to Advanced settings button and follow these steps to block Directions Mapper.
- To remove malevolent extensions or some fake programs caused by Directions Mapper infection then click on reset button.
- Lastly, choose ok button in order to eraseDirections Mapper threat and restart the browser in secure mode.
Features of Directions Mapper Scanner Tool
Directions Mapper Scanner is the most powerful and advanced in detecting, blocking as well as removing spyware, malware, Trojans including Directions Mapper effectively. Lets take a look on some of its remarkable features
Directions Mapper Protection: it can easily detect and eliminate Directions Mapper as well as any other malware. It helps in shielding your PC against all such odd threats thus giving optimum protection. No matter how stubborn might be the Directions Mapper, automatic Removal tool is just one step ahead to ensure complete protection!
Compact OS: it ensures elimination of even the most stubborn Directions Mapper Rootkits and malware that were hard to detect and evaded detection with other ordinary antivirus.
System Guard: this is one of the innovative feature that prevents any inclusion of Directions Mapper entries on registry which is the core of Windows OS. It thus automatically blocks any malware including Directions Mapper to gain access on to the system. Now you can solely rely upon automatic tool while running any of the processes on the system as a whole.
Exclusions: Inclusion of this very feature ensures that you can freely exempt certain program selectively from going through scanning process. Directions Mapper Removal Tool gives users an option to skip certain items from being scanned to save time and resources. Now customize the scanning process when there is paucity of time. Thus it would only require fraction of time as in the case of complete scan.
Scan Scheduler: Eminent feature that helps in pre setting of the scheduled time for scanning the system even if you are not there personally. Now you can set a defined time which might be day, weeks or months on which it will undergo the scanning process for detection of Directions Mapper. However, the system must be turned on during the scheduled time frame else the scan would not be initiated.
Step:1 Download and Install Directions Mapper Scanner Tool on Windows 7 and Click on scanner
Step 2 Once the scanning is over, list of threats including Directions Mapper will be spotted.
Step 3 Spyware HelpDesk : Make use of this feature to get any assistance related to Directions Mapper Removal
Step 4 System Guard: it prevents Directions Mapper infected processes from being executed.
Step 5 Network Sentry: it controls Directions Mapper from modifying DNS settings of the Internet.
Step 6 Scan Scheduler : Now preset the time viz days, week and Month and the system will undergo the scan to shield against Directions Mapper in near future.
Directions Mapper Detection And Its Elimination: For Complete Protection
After complete and comprehensive scanning of the system, thorough detection of Directions Mapper by antivirus is most essential. The program should be capable to detect any kind of threats whether its malware, spyware or any other recently introduced Directions Mapper. Some of the threats are so nasty and can be hard to be detected. This is where custom and advanced scan is imperative. Custom scan can prove to be handy keeping limited time frame in consideration and can be opted for occasional scanning of the system. Where as Advanced scan keeps a tab on complete system as a whole including Memory, Registry files, Entries, Cookies etc.
How to Protect your PC from Directions Mapper or Similar Threat in Near Future
Directions Mapper Prevention: Activation of Smart Browsing Feature on Win 7
Internet Explorer: How to Activate SmartScreen Filter
Recent version of IE viz IE 8 and 9 comes with SmartScreen Filter. It ensures protection against phishing attack against Directions Mapper. Just follow the step which are illustrated below
- Open IE
- For IE 9, Tools is to be selected on Menu option. IF you are using IE 8 Kindly look for Safety Menu
- After selecting SmartScreen Filter From the drop down list, you need to click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
- Now IE need to be restarted.
How to Enable Phishing & Directions Mapper Protection on Google Chrome
Since Chrome has Phishing and malware Detection feature that can be handy for preventing Directions Mapper while browsing Internet. It will warn whenever you are about to visit suspicious websites which might be Directions Mapper infected.
It is essential to enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Launch Google Chrome
- AT the top right corner of the browser click on the Customize and Control Google Chrome having 3 bar icons
- Select settings option in the drop down list
- Click on Show advanced setting option
- In the Privacy Section, Kindly Click and mark on enable phishing and malware Protection
- Now reload the Google Chrome Browser.
How to Block Attack Sites And Web Forgeries on Mozilla Firefox to Avoid Directions Mapper
It is quite useful feature which can be availed by users of Mozilla Firefox version 3 and later. The suspicious web page which is about to be visited and might drop Directions Mapper on to the browser can be blocked automatically. Just follow these steps carefully
- Select Mozilla Firefox as Browser
- Using the Top Menu, Open Menu option is to be selected in the list
- Security option is to be selected and following need to be check marked
- Warn me when Directions Mapper try to install add-ons
- Block attack sites
- Block Web forgeries
- Reload the browser after carrying out the above steps
Directions Mapper, Directions Mapper Removal Guide, Uninstall Directions Mapper, Block Directions Mapper, Delete Directions Mapper, Get Rid of Directions Mapper, Eliminate Directions Mapper, Erase Directions Mapper