Description Of About:blank pop ups
About:blank pop ups is an adware which displays special page within most browsers and it does nothing more than displaying a blank page on PC. It only targets all popular web browsers like Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome etc. It redirects your web browser during start up. It corrupts your all profile data to display a blank page with the subject “about:blank” on the URL bar. If your web browser is facing constantly being redirected to the “about:blank” page, then it is the sign of presence of adware program which is installed on your PC. It appears like this which is given below:
About:blank pop ups invade into PC through pornographic websites, freeware and shareware downloads, free software bundled, spam emails, email attachments, links, torrent, p2p networks, drive by downloads, contaminate USB drives etc.
- About:blank pop ups injects advertising banners with the web pages that you are visiting.
- It turns random web page text into hyperlinks.
- It recommends fake updates or other software by appearing browser pop-ups.
- It installs other unwanted adware programs without users knowledge.
- It gathers all your personal information and browsing activities like IP address, browsing history, current location, bank details, credit/debit card numbers, phone numbers, passwords, user names etc and it will misuse all these gathered information in future as well.
Use a extremely powerful anti-virus application for the safety of your PC. Don't download freeware/shareware application from unsafe websites. Always do complete scan any email attachments before opening it and also keep checking your PC for regular updates. Always choose official websites to update your system programs. Turn your Firewall protection in active. Don't try to click on fake pop-ups and misleading advertisements. Avoid to visit suspicious or pornographic websites to keep your PC safe from About:blank pop ups. Use advanced or custom installation method for every installation of any software.
About:blank pop ups can be deleted from PC by two different methods- Automatic and Manual methods. In manual method, it requires high and advanced technical skills as well as excellent knowledge of computer system whereas in automatic method, it doesn't require those things. Hence, we recommend to choose automatic method for best results.
There are numerous removal instructions through which you can easily secure your most popular web browsers that includes Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and so forth. If you want to secure your web browsing experiences then you should follow these removal steps which helps to remove About:blank pop ups threat quickly as constantly as possible.
Remove About:blank pop ups from Google Chrome
- First of all, you need to start Google Chrome Browser
- After this, go to menu option which is present at the top right side of the browser.
- Select the tools option and choose extensions items from drop down lists. It shows bogus add-ons items caused by About:blank pop ups
- From these drop-down lists, you should select unwanted add-ons or harmful bug related to About:blank pop ups
- Now, you will notice a type of configuration settings Windows which displays different options.
- Scroll down the browser pages and click on Advance setting which is appear in underline highlighted link.
- In advance settings options, move your mouse pointer on ‘reset browser settings’ button to remove About:blank pop ups
- After this, you will find a small confirmation dialog Window which shows detailed information about reset process.
- If you want to complete reset process, Click on reset button otherwise click on cancel tab.
- Lastly, select OK button in order to block About:blank pop ups and restart your browser to make complete changes.
Get Rid of About:blank pop ups threat from Mozilla Firefox on Windows 7
- Firstly, you need to launch Firefox browser or simply type “Firefox” in run dialog box.
- Now, click on menu tab appeared in horizontal lines and select open help menu icon.
- If you want to fix browser related problems associated with About:blank pop ups infection then you need to move the mouse cursor on troubleshooting information button.
- Select Refresh Firefox button from troubleshooting information dialog box.
- Make sure that all unknown add-ons are disabled closely related to About:blank pop ups
- Click on reset Firefox button in order to Disable About:blank pop ups or other harmful bugs.
Delete About:blank pop ups infection from Internet Explorer on Win 7
- Firstly, connect the Internet Explorer browser.
- If IE browser icon is not available on desktop screen then you must click on Windows logo and open Run dialog box by pressing Window+ R using keyboard. Type “inetcpl.cpl” in run command box and press enter button.
- Then, navigate your mouse cursor on tools option which is located on right corner of browser.
- From tools options, select ‘Internet Options’ tab and go to Advanced settings button and follow these steps to block About:blank pop ups.
- To remove malevolent extensions or some fake programs caused by About:blank pop ups infection then click on reset button.
- Lastly, choose ok button in order to eraseAbout:blank pop ups threat and restart the browser in secure mode.
Features of About:blank pop ups Scanner Tool
About:blank pop ups Scanner is the most powerful and advanced in detecting, blocking as well as removing spyware, malware, Trojans including About:blank pop ups effectively. Lets take a look on some of its remarkable features
About:blank pop ups Protection: it can easily detect and eliminate About:blank pop ups as well as any other malware. It helps in shielding your PC against all such odd threats thus giving optimum protection. No matter how stubborn might be the About:blank pop ups, automatic Removal tool is just one step ahead to ensure complete protection!
Compact OS: it ensures elimination of even the most stubborn About:blank pop ups Rootkits and malware that were hard to detect and evaded detection with other ordinary antivirus.
System Guard: this is one of the innovative feature that prevents any inclusion of About:blank pop ups entries on registry which is the core of Windows OS. It thus automatically blocks any malware including About:blank pop ups to gain access on to the system. Now you can solely rely upon automatic tool while running any of the processes on the system as a whole.
Exclusions: Inclusion of this very feature ensures that you can freely exempt certain program selectively from going through scanning process. About:blank pop ups Removal Tool gives users an option to skip certain items from being scanned to save time and resources. Now customize the scanning process when there is paucity of time. Thus it would only require fraction of time as in the case of complete scan.
Scan Scheduler: Eminent feature that helps in pre setting of the scheduled time for scanning the system even if you are not there personally. Now you can set a defined time which might be day, weeks or months on which it will undergo the scanning process for detection of About:blank pop ups. However, the system must be turned on during the scheduled time frame else the scan would not be initiated.
Step:1 Download and Install About:blank pop ups Scanner Tool on Windows 7 and Click on scanner
Step 2 Once the scanning is over, list of threats including About:blank pop ups will be spotted.
Step 3 Spyware HelpDesk : Make use of this feature to get any assistance related to About:blank pop ups Removal
Step 4 System Guard: it prevents About:blank pop ups infected processes from being executed.
Step 5 Network Sentry: it controls About:blank pop ups from modifying DNS settings of the Internet.
Step 6 Scan Scheduler : Now preset the time viz days, week and Month and the system will undergo the scan to shield against About:blank pop ups in near future.
About:blank pop ups Detection And Its Elimination: For Complete Protection
After complete and comprehensive scanning of the system, thorough detection of About:blank pop ups by antivirus is most essential. The program should be capable to detect any kind of threats whether its malware, spyware or any other recently introduced About:blank pop ups. Some of the threats are so nasty and can be hard to be detected. This is where custom and advanced scan is imperative. Custom scan can prove to be handy keeping limited time frame in consideration and can be opted for occasional scanning of the system. Where as Advanced scan keeps a tab on complete system as a whole including Memory, Registry files, Entries, Cookies etc.
How to Protect your PC from About:blank pop ups or Similar Threat in Near Future
About:blank pop ups Prevention: Activation of Smart Browsing Feature on Win 7
Internet Explorer: How to Activate SmartScreen Filter
Recent version of IE viz IE 8 and 9 comes with SmartScreen Filter. It ensures protection against phishing attack against About:blank pop ups. Just follow the step which are illustrated below
- Open IE
- For IE 9, Tools is to be selected on Menu option. IF you are using IE 8 Kindly look for Safety Menu
- After selecting SmartScreen Filter From the drop down list, you need to click on Turn on SmartScreen Filter.
- Now IE need to be restarted.
How to Enable Phishing & About:blank pop ups Protection on Google Chrome
Since Chrome has Phishing and malware Detection feature that can be handy for preventing About:blank pop ups while browsing Internet. It will warn whenever you are about to visit suspicious websites which might be About:blank pop ups infected.
It is essential to enable Phishing and Malware Protection
- Launch Google Chrome
- AT the top right corner of the browser click on the Customize and Control Google Chrome having 3 bar icons
- Select settings option in the drop down list
- Click on Show advanced setting option
- In the Privacy Section, Kindly Click and mark on enable phishing and malware Protection
- Now reload the Google Chrome Browser.
How to Block Attack Sites And Web Forgeries on Mozilla Firefox to Avoid About:blank pop ups
It is quite useful feature which can be availed by users of Mozilla Firefox version 3 and later. The suspicious web page which is about to be visited and might drop About:blank pop ups on to the browser can be blocked automatically. Just follow these steps carefully
- Select Mozilla Firefox as Browser
- Using the Top Menu, Open Menu option is to be selected in the list
- Security option is to be selected and following need to be check marked
- Warn me when About:blank pop ups try to install add-ons
- Block attack sites
- Block Web forgeries
- Reload the browser after carrying out the above steps
About:blank pop ups, About:blank pop ups Removal Guide, Uninstall About:blank pop ups, Block About:blank pop ups, Delete About:blank pop ups, Get Rid of About:blank pop ups, Eliminate About:blank pop ups, Erase About:blank pop ups